Summer is essentially in full swing, which means long days at the beach sipping on cocktails surrounded by sand and sunshine. But in the excitement, you have probably arrived at the beach having forgotten your beach towel or phone charger. To avoid any future packing fails we have created a handy list of everything you need for a stress-free day at the beach.Before you compile all your essentials, a good beach bag that can hold all the items in one place is necessary so opt for our collection of Porto Cervo Mini Tote for keeping your belongings close to hand or the Cap Ferrat Large Tote for days when you require more room.
Here’s everything you need, from skincare products to stylish accessories – the 7 essential items to pack for a perfect day at the beach.
1. Sunglasses – Invest in a good pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful rays when spending long hours outdoors in the sun. Tom Ford’s Marko Aviator Sunglasses is one of Melissa’s favourites to take on vacation.
2. Sunscreen – Sunscreen is an essential item that should not only be in your beach bag but your everyday bag. Go for a water resistant option like the Dr Rita Rakus Daily Tinted Broad Spectrum Sun Protection SPF 50.
3. Hat – A hat is such an important accessory to bring to the beach as it protects you from the sun and also helps to hide a bad hair day! The dramatic silhouette of the Jemima wide-brimmed hat offers instant glamour and is made for sun-soaked beach days.
4. Sandals – Our stylish and comfortable leather sandals are the perfect choice for strolling along the beach or to create a relaxed evening look.
5. Swimsuit – Whether you’re spending the day relaxing on shore or in the water, a swimsuit is a must! A classic piece like the Biarritz swimsuit embodies sophisticated summer style and can be easily paired with denim shorts as you retreat from the beach to enjoy lunch at your favourite spot.
6. After Sun Moisturiser – After sun care is as important as applying sun protection cream. Dr Barbara Sturm Aloe Vera Gel consists of pure organic Aloe leaf juice which provides intensive skin soothing and calming benefits perfect for refreshing your skin after sunbathing.
7. Pareo – Pareos are a vacation staple and can be worn in so many ways, be that tied around the neck to create the silhouette of a dress or as a skirt. Check out our blog to find out how to tie a pareo 6 different ways.