With a readership of over 1.5 million, an experienced background in personal fitness training and nutrition, Itsines took the internet world by storm with her fitness blog and a range of Bikini Body Guides that help you get in shape in just 3 months!
Today we're going to hear all about her top tips and advice to eat clean and workout, the healthy way!
1. I think it’s fair to say that you are a bikini body guru, what are your top tips for getting in shape before hitting the beach?
- Dedication! Find something that works for YOU and stick to it! It's about maintaining your lifestyle change in the long term so that you feel confident 100% of the time. Its not always about having a 'bikini body' just for the beach, it's about being confident and happy with yourself all year round. Just don't expect 100% results if you don't put in 100% of the effort!
- Use your warm summer mornings to your advantage! There’s no better way to kickstart your metabolism first thing in the morning than going for a walk outdoors before it really heats up. Head down to the beach with some friends, grab a fresh juice or smoothie and power walk along the sand.
- Nourish your body and take advantage of the amazing array of fresh fruit and vegetables that are available for you during the summer season. I love carrying around some grapes or watermelon in a sealed container that I’ve chilled in the fridge for a refreshing snack.
2. If you could offer your 3 most important tips for a healthy lifestyle, what would these be and why?
- Consistency. Set yourself achievable goals that can be obtained within a realistic lifestyle. Stick to that and you won’t go through the ups and downs. People who go too hard, too early, can sometimes end up further backward from where they started. Dedicate yourself to a consistent exercise regime and healthy diet. Be consistent as this could prove to be not only beneficial for how you look but will help you FEEL better.
- I’m a strong believer in putting 100% into both exercise and a healthy diet to aid in a healthy lifestyle. Nourishing your body with the right foods through a healthy diet is fundamental to the longevity and consistency of an individual’s healthy lifestyle patterns. Cutting out unhealthy, fatty foods does not restrict you to the same foods every day of the week. I recommend changing your foods regularly to get variety, just try to maintain a consistent intake of calories, macronutrients and micronutrients.
- Balance. Healthy living to me is about finding a healthy balance in your life. I believe in a wholesome balance of healthy diet, regular exercise, spending time with people that make you laugh, and involving yourself in daily activities that make you happy. Finding a balance between all of these components is essential, as I believe that it’s unhealthy to have too much or too little of something in your life.
3. Apart from working out in your local gym or in your own home, do you have any favourite leisure/work out destinations?
I absolutely love training outdoors when I have the opportunity! Whether it be at the beach or my local park, there’s nothing better than some fresh air and Vitamin D while I’m working out. That’s the great thing about my workouts - you don’t need a gym membership to fit in a high intensity workout!
4. Aside from your incredible body, you also have a consistent bronzed glow - how do you maintain your tan?
As I mentioned, I love being outside in the summer and I have naturally olive skin, so I think being in the sun when I’m training definitely attracts the sun to some degree! In winter I love using ‘Loving Tan’ to keep up a natural looking glow. It has such a great colour and is great for my sensitive skin.
5. What do you find most rewarding about seeing your clients and fan base transformations?
It’s my mission to be able to bring absolute confidence to women worldwide. The most rewarding part of my job is seeing the transformation that women go through not only physically, but emotionally, which I believe is the most important part. The new found confidence and healthy mindset they find makes me so happy! I can never stop smiling when a client sends me a transformation photo and a thank you message - it seriously takes my breath away!
6. What is your favourite holiday destination?
Definitely, Greece! It’s been my dream to go there ever since I was a little girl and my gorgeous partner, Tobi, made this dream come true by taking me there in July this year!
7. We’re going out tonight but feeling bloated after a long lunch at the beach, what quick fix can we use to feel great and ready for a night out?
I’m a strong advocate of the fact that there is NO such thing as a quick fix! Women have been lead to believe that quick fixes are the way to go, when they are never going to help you feel fit, healthy, and strong in the long run. However, if you can fit in a fast paced walk, this could definitely promote digestion and help you to feel a little less bloated before your night out!
Get Kayla's amazing bikini body guides here!