Take it from the experts, "the right tools are just as important as the make up itself", tells professional make up artist Bobbi Brown.
Without good quality brushes, even the most coveted make up products can fail a day's work or a hot summer evening, a key tip that Melissa has always followed throughout her beauty regime.
Just in time for peak holiday season - before you jet away for long nights of partying in Ibiza or to spend a romantic fortnight in the Maldives, we've put together Melissa's ultimate makeup brush must-haves; a little insight into the famed swimwear designer's make up bag, and the essentials for staying beautiful on the other side of the world.
1. Specially designed to mimic human fingers, Kevyn Aucoin's 'The Foundation' Brush works from every angle of it's tapered head to provide an even, smooth coverage across every contour of your face.
The densely packed bristles allow for immaculate application that will leave you with flawless coverage, but a natural finish; This is a must-have for any complexion perfectionist and an essential for the perfect base.
2. A growing brand in the make up industry, Zoeva offers quality products for a fraction of the price.
Melissa loves their 142 Concealer buffer, which packs on the product to provide the coverage we need, with it's dense, domed bristles.
This brush is also super soft which makes it great to use for concealing any under eye bags with it's gentle touch.
3. Make up artists Sam and Nic Chapman took the beauty world by storm on the release of their Real Techniques brush line in Britain's high street beauty stores.
The duo-fibre stippling brush is a favorite of Melissa's and can be used for all types of make up to create an airbrushed finish. Melissa recommend's using this in the summer with a cream brush to create a dewy, naturally flushed look - right on trend for 2014.
Did you know?... As a make up loving teen, Charlotte Tilbury used scissors to sculpt run of the mill brushes into the perfect shape for it's use. Her current collection is a perfect example of this idea, which is why two of her brushes are favourites of Melissa for her favourite powder products.
4. The Charlotte Tilbury Bronzer brush is not only the largest of Melissa's selection, but is also the largest brush available by Charlotte Tilbury.
The big and fluffy structure of this brush allows you to evenly sweep powder or mineral make up with a soft, natural finish; making this perfect for a bronzed goddess look.
5. The Charlotte Tilbury Blusher brush is faultlessly designed and apply's blusher beautifully on the apples of your cheeks, allowing for sheer or build-able application.
6. Contouring and highlighting is an envied expertise of many makeup artists that help slim down the faces and enhance the cheekbones of celebrities.
However, with Mac's 138 brush, this crafted technique can become a skill of your own; The chiseled sides streamline against the contours of your face to enhance and sculpt, whilst the pointed tip will apply more product to create shadow & definition.
7. The Bobbi Brown Angled Eyeshadow brush is a versatile tool that is not only the perfect shape to apply colour all over the lid, but will also help achieve contours in the crease with it's angled edge; a multi-tasking, invaluable brush that every woman's make up bag should own.
8. Sigma's E37 All Over Blender is Melissa's favourite brush to soften and seamlessly blend shadow to finish her eye look; this is great for natural looking eye makeup that uses soft, neutral colours to add subtle contours the eye.
9. Whether it's adding a little shimmer and highlight, or deepening your look with a smokey crease, the Sigma domed utility brush is a must-have for precise application.
Melissa loves this brush to dab a small amount of highlight to the inner corners of her eyes, which will brighten and awaken.
10. No smokey eye look is complete with a great blending brush and Zoeva's Luxe soft crease, offers all that you could need. With a fluffy tapered end to blend into your crease or smoke up your outter V, and professional results that will give an ombre effect to the eye, this brush is a must-have for those late night dramatic eye looks.
11. If you want to take your eye look one step further, or prefer the iconic 60's cateye, the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Liner brush will help you achieve both fine and dramatic, thick lines, which makes it the perfect liner brush which is versatile for any look.
12. With the likes of Cara Delevigne, Jourdan Dunn and Lily Collins hitting the scene with their perfectly bold brows, it's time we all acquired a good eyebrow brush to keep ours looking just as defined.
The Zoeva 221 Brow Line brush works perfectly with powder or wax brow products, and allows for precise application with it's narrow, short structure.
13. Not forgetting a brush that will apply one of the oldest forms of make-up, most precisely: the ecotools detailed lip brush.
This compact brush is perfect to pop into your handbag and allows you to define the lips with it's straight edge.
Although not a necessity in your every day make up bag, the Ecotools Face & Body sculpting brush should be an essential for your suitcase.
This large brush will help apply bronzer and contour shades quickly and smoothly to slim and enhance. Pair this with your favourite fake tan before you hit the beach and you'll be body beautiful.
Unfortunately baggage allowance doesn't always allow you to to travel with the whole contents of your dressing table, so comfortably packed into one our new Melissa Odabash Makeup Bags (coming soon!), here's Melissa's core collection of make up brushes for travel; versatile and multi-task brushes that will ensure she looks beach beautiful even when her dressing table isn't in reach, and we hope you will to!