With the festive season fast approaching, we talk blooms, bouquets and interior with the ambiance expert.
1. When did your passion for floristry arise?
Whilst growing up in my native Holland as a child, in my parent’s home that was always filled with fresh flowers.
2. What is your favourite flower and why?
Lily of the Valley for its elegance, simplicity and scent.
3. Where can we a selection of your designs?
Either at www.rvhfloraldesign.com or by appointment in our workshop in Clapham, a short journey from your Chelsea store.
4. Summer must be an incredibly exciting time for the florist industry being the most popular season for weddings and parties, but what is your favourite aspect of Christmas season?
The smell of fresh blue pine and the ambiance created for different homes and parties.
I love the Rosemary & Bergamot and Orange Cedar & Clove scents from my RVH candle range – both are very festive!
5. Which are your 5 must-haves for the perfect Christmas bouquet?
Black Baccara roses, autumnal hydrangeas, Red ilex berries, Coffee Break roses and red Skimmea.
6. With an array of VIP clients, you must have organised some amazing functions - what is the most extravagant event you have ever advised?
A four day and night birthday party in Mexico – there were 7 bespoke venues from a Spanish Hacienda to a Brazilian nightclub to a typical Mexican style beach hut. It was simply out of this world if not exhausting!
7. What is your top-tip to transform the dining room into a winter wonderland for the Christmas day feast?
To use seasonal flowers and foliage’s like Hellebores, tulips, parrot tulips, Jasmine and hyacinths, interspersed with natural cones, cinnamon and blue pine. I love winter whites!
Be this Christmas' hostess with the mostess and make a trip to RVH workshop for a one-stop shop for all your Christmas floral decor!