It's a bright sunny day, a bank holiday this weekend and June as of next week - summertime has officially arrived!
We can't wait to start jetting off to as many sunny shores as possible over the coming months and naturally, we're hoping the weather will be hot, hot, hot- just how we like it! Although we are dreaming of days lounging on sun-drenched beaches, we make sure that when we are on our travels we have every intention of looking after ourselves and our skin as best we can - after all Melissa is always drilling into us the importance of safety in the sun.
To celebrate May being Sun Awareness Month we have teamed up with the gorgeous gang over at Vita Liberata to share our top tips for staying safe in the sun and to motivate you to keep yourself protected from the rays we also have a hamper filled with Melissa Odabash and Vita Liberata product worth over £380!
Top 10 Tips for staying safe in the Sun:
1. Head’s Up: Wear a hat to protect your scalp and your face, the wider the brim the better and conveniently it will keep you looking stylish too. We recommend the Melissa Odabash Jemima Floppy Sun hat in cream , white or beige.
2. Tantastic: Want a gorgeous golden glow before you even step off the plane? The Marula Dry Oil Self Tan SPF 50 from Vita Liberata is the answer! Be sure to stay out of the sun between 11am-2pm when it’s at its strongest!
3. Water Water: Be sure to keep hydrated, drink approx. 2 litres a day- this will keep your skin hydrated and help maintain a healthy glow. Melissa's recently become hooked on Cactus Water from True Nopal - trust us, this will be the next big trend for nutritionistas everywhere!
4. Cold Shoulder: Heading for a stroll about town or a bike ride? Keep your shoulders and other delicate skin protected from the midday heat in a chic cover up. Our favourite is the Nic Fringe Kaftan.
5. Face it: Alyson Hogg, Founder of Vita Liberata declares the Neroli & Argan Milk SPF 25 her ‘vacation best-friend', and it is easy to see why; fight sun damage and keep wrinkles at bay by applying to your face 15 mins prior to sun exposure.
6. Little Mermaids: Don’t forget your beach princesses! Children should always wear an SPF 30 or higher, even on over cast days. We recommend the Baby Dakota Designer Rash Vest for extra protection and maximum fun!
7. Surf’s Up!: For all those water babes who just want to have fun on holiday and don’t want to be worrying about applying sunscreen all the time, look for clothing that offers UV protection such as the Melissa Odabash Sports Luxe Collection - chic and smart!
8. Kissy Kiss: Be sure to wear lip balm with an SPF also, no one wants dry, chapped lips when on a romantic getaway!
9. Fake it, Don’t Bake it: For a long lasting natural tan, don’t be a sun slave! Instead choose the pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Mousse! For a tan that truly delivers on colour and longevity- it’s Melissa's go to self-tan!
10. Bag it up: Keep all of your sun safety essentials to hand in a stylish bag- we love the Mykonos Fringe Clutch of course!
To be in with a chance of winning all of these lovely goodies worth over £380, all you need to do is head to our Instagram follow us & Vita Liberata and tag two friends on the competition post that you think would want to win this luxury hamper too!
Best of luck and always remember to stay safe in the sun!