With winter setting in we often feel that our skin becomes dry and needs a boost, so we have asked Melissa what her secret is to keeping her skin so hydrated during the winter months, the answer, facial oils!
Dermatologists and skin scientists have advised that facial oils are the only product that will penetrate the initial skin epidermis to provide adequate hydration.
1. If you have combination or oily prone skin you require the Clarins Lotus Oil. People with combination skin often feel that their skin is oily enough. However, the excessive oil produced is often a sign that your skin is dehydrated and so oily/combination skin always needs oil to help rebalance. Clarins Lotus Oil sinks in quickly without leaving your skin greasy. Clarins’ exclusive blend of Rosemary, Geranium and Lotus extracts purifies, tightens pores and refines the skin texture.
2. Ren Rose O12 Facial Defence Oil is ultra-moisturising, formulated to give dry and dehydrated skin a powerful shield to lock in moisture. It contains a bio-active complex of ceramides, phospholipids and omega 6 & 7 essential fatty acids that boost skin repair and softness. Not only that, but it also helps combat the signs of ageing!
3. This Sanctuary Therapists Facial Oil is universal, it can be used on any skin type. A mixture of oils, sunflower, and wheatgerm oil, soak into skin to help hydrate, while Rosehip seed oil helps rebuild and strengthen your skin. Melissa alternates this oil to ensure her skin doesn't acclimatise to any of her products.
4. At the higher end of the collection we have Sisley's Black Rose Precious Face Oil which balances the skin and provides daily nourishment with a fine, dry oil feel. A high concentrate of active ingredients such as Omega 3 and a wrinkle filling formula, it is the ultimate fighter of stress on your skin.
5. Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate is as magical as it sounds. After one night, you will find your skin feeling fresh and looking young. Ingredients such as evening Primrose, Coriander and Rose Seed Oils help fortify the skin barrier function. Over night fine lines appear reduced by 12% and radiance up 10%!
Melissa’s favourite facial oils will hydrate, moisturise and plump dry winter skin.